Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Beatle in the Park

        Last night I went to the Paul McCartney concert at AT&T park. In all the many concerts I've been to I've never attended one in an outdoor stadium. I've been to quite a few concerts venues that are outside, but never an outdoor sports stadium. It was a perfect setting for this type of concert. The weather wasn't too awful, but I did pack quite a few layers in case the unpredictable San Francisco weather decided to take a turn. The concert got to a late start, but Paul made up for it but playing for three hours straight, including 2 encores! (He is almost 70!) Not only was his voice on point, his band was amazing and showed such stage presence- his drummer was hilarious. The lighting and stage production was off the chain, including Paul's own pictures of his family, shots from Beatles Rock Band, and beautiful images. And of course fireworks during Live and Let Die, one of the many encore songs. My favorite part was when the entire audience sang the 'na na na na' part of 'Hey Jude'. If you ever have a chance to see him in concert, jump at it. One of the best concerts I've been to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment