Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Closet Resolutions

    
      So the thing to do when a new year begins is to make a resolution. These are things that no one is bound to keep and therefore; I never make them. Instead, I took on things that I decided I will make happen this year. The action that I decided to start out with is to de-clutter my life.


      This week I took to my closet and very harshly; rid of things I no longer wear, doesn't fit right, or doesn't go with anything else in my wardrobe. Once I was free of these things, I was able to re-work my closet so that I can easily see all that I have. 

Jewelry, neatly presented on top of the built-in drawers.

I used to house all my shoes in boxes. 
By storing them in these drawers, I can see what I own.

My boots (an obsession) lined up at the bottom
of my walk-in next to my scarves rolled up in hat boxes I painted.

My cardigans staked by color next to my dresses.

All my tops are housed next to skirts and my array of denim. 

Right outside my closet, a small vignette. An old bust form 
wearing a vintage coat that was my grandmothers. 

I keep my go-to jacket and scarf handy on the hooks by my door. 
An English 'bobby' helmet my dad found at Goodwill. 


2 comments:

  1. Sooo jealous of your closet! Love, Love, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow way cleaner than my closet..but that is not hard. i love the dresser. and the display of jewelry. xoxo

    ReplyDelete